[Coco] Adding a CoCo 2 Case Fan

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Fri Apr 18 16:58:05 EDT 2008

Chad H wrote:
> Is that safe?  I don't want to draw power from any point on the motherboard
> if it's going to tax it to dangerous levels.

Unless you're running some massive fan, it's fine. I put them on the
unregulated side, so there's no extra load on the critical portions of
the power supply.

My best luck was using a 40mm fan glued right next to the heat sink for
the power transistor on later CoCo 2s and CoCo 3s. It keeps the hottest
single thing in the case cool, and has just enough flow help natural
convection along.