[Coco] Adding a CoCo 2 Case Fan

theother_bob theother_bob at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 10:15:36 EDT 2008

On my CC3 Portable I made sure to get a low power 12vdc fan (rated less than 100mA @ 12vdc) and tapped power from the 8v regulator (I think the final current draw was around 42mA @ 8vdc, and whisper quiet.)

Physically this was a large CPU fan from a P4 cooler. I had room to use it because I had already removed the internal power transformer. I cut extra slots for exhaust and mounted it diagonally in the corner with ducts to keep the exhaust from blowing back in.

Bob