[Coco] 6809 assembly programmming

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Apr 17 15:06:25 EDT 2008

Fedor

I can help some. I have done a bt of dissasembly work. Mostly with the
HC11,  though the 6809 is not all that much more in complexity.  I t hink the
hardest part of deciphering 6809 code is where the author uses an indexed
pull of the PCR off the stack instead of a RTS command. At first glance this
is often overlooked as an end to a subroutine. Much easier to look for the
$39 opcode than for the other alternative.

Probably the most difficult 68099 code that I have seen so far to dissaemble
is one that is written in FIG FORTH for the 6809. That just makes a
dissasembler go crazy with odd looking code.

Also who has a good code seeking dissaembler for the 6809 that is PC
based and does not cost an arm and a leg?

james