[Coco] [Color Computer] Java for the m6809

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Tue Apr 8 16:10:43 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 01:32:44PM -0000, David Bush wrote:
> I sent Carlos Kavka an email yesterday asking for clarification on
> some points:

Cool!  I wonder if he even remembers the project... :-)

> * more details about this "RInOS" which supposedly is the OS running
> on the 6809 machine,

My impression was that calling this an OS was an overstatement,
that it was more of a runtime enviroment for a single program.

> * how the inherent limitations of a 16-bit address bus are dealt with, and
>
> * examples of assembly language code which would be produced by the
> examples provided in the documentation.

I managed to do that for a few of his example programs.  His translator
barfed on the .class files from some of his examples -- I suspect
that it just isn't smart enough to deal with some of the textual
output from the current suite of java tools.

> I'll let you know.

Looking forward to it!

John
--