[Coco] Hard drive trouble

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 23:11:58 EDT 2008

I your second drive doesn't work, even though it appears to be selected
(i.e. the select LED goes on), I'd say there's a hardware problem.

I'm going to assume the LED isn't always on, but just when you try to access
the drive.

Do you have the termination resistors in the second drive when you're using
it by itself?

If the second drive (H1) is the last drive when you're using the two
together, then H0 should have no termination resistors.

Are the termination resistors installed the correct way 'round?

Have you changed the SCSI address on the drive when you try to use the
drives separately, and do you have them set at two different addresses when
you use them together?

My Quantum drives have three other jumpers, one of which is EP (Enable
Parity). None of these are jumpered.

I have my H0 drive jumpered at SCSI address 0 and the H1 drive at SCSI
address 1. That is, No jumpers on A0, A1, A2 on drive H0, and a jumper on A0
on drive H1.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.