[Coco] Jeweled almost complete, finally!

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Apr 17 22:43:26 EDT 2008

The 2nd bug that was holding my Jeweled game up from being done by
the due date was fixed yesterday.  CCASM 5.0 now has the awesome MMU
load functions working great.  You can insert mmuinc (mmu includebin)
instructions anywhere in your source code which will cause the final
binary to load data and code into far memory, then pick back up in
local memory (64k address space) as the program loads.  This
assembler feature truly holds the key to a closed door that's kept me
from turning impressive CoCo ideas over the years into reality.

By tomorrow Jeweled will have two soundtracks that alternate between
game levels, and even more sound effects to amaze.  The final game
will take up an entire side of a 35-track floppy as a single .bin
file.  All at the click of the Go button, the massive source code
builds to the game in about 10 seconds and is ready to play.

I'll try to get a playable demo version done this weekend so you can
see for yourself just how cool things can be given the right tools to
build your ideas.