[Coco] CoCo Cafe error fixed

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Apr 14 20:44:00 EDT 2008

Anybody hitting the chatroom this past weekend might have noticed
Boisy appearing to be online 24/7 for several days.  For a while I
thought this was a typical lurk mode some chatters stay in, but as of
Monday evening I thought... wait a minute, something must be
wrong.  :)  Even a lurker would accidentally browse off the page and
lose his session since the new chat system doesn't retain sessions
like the old one did.

I called up phpMyAdmin and noticed that I could not delete the
session no matter what I tried.  It kept turning up zero rows when
queried, etc.

After setting the chatter id field to Unique and as the key, I was
able to delete the stale entry.  I think the chat system either
neglected to do this on the install, or the script didn't totally
click with the latest PHP or MySQL rules.  At any rate, it seems to
be fixed now.