[Coco] Retro hackers

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 02:58:19 EDT 2007

Mark McDougall wrote:
> Joel Ewy wrote:
> One of the jobs I'm about to start work on involves an FTDI245R USB FIFO
> chip. It provides a one-chip USB (peripheral) solution that is trivial
> to interface to and also host-side drivers that allow simple application
> access to the link.
>
> I'm sure there's _some_ application on the Coco that could benefit from
> a low-cost, low-complexity, 1MBps USB link???

Yep it's this that I have prototyped for a CoCo/Dragon->PC drivewire
interface, I *WILL* get back to some of these projects, but trying to
rationalise my retro stuff is sucking all my time currently :(

But it is a trivial chip to interface to, and has the advantages of both
  Tx and Rx fifos to take some of the time criticalness out of
interfacing to it.

Cheers.

Phill.