[Coco] Retro hackers

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Sep 27 19:41:34 EDT 2007

Joel Ewy wrote:

> I've got a small supply of 8-bit NE-1000 (NE-2000 compatible) cards that
> I have always thought shouldn't be too difficult (hardware-wise) to
> interface to a CoCo.

My way of thinking would be to use a chip like the CS8900A on the C64
card... looks easy to interface with a modest register map?!?

On a related but different topic...

One of the jobs I'm about to start work on involves an FTDI245R USB FIFO
chip. It provides a one-chip USB (peripheral) solution that is trivial to
interface to and also host-side drivers that allow simple application access
to the link.

I'm sure there's _some_ application on the Coco that could benefit from a
low-cost, low-complexity, 1MBps USB link???

Regards,