[Coco] [Color Computer] Coco flash cartridge

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 22 07:06:36 EDT 2007

Mark McDougall wrote:
> James Diffendaffer wrote: The RESET# signal _won't_ reset the bank
> switch, so you can select an image and then hard-reset to auto-run
> the cartridge.

Won't this be a problem, in that at poweron the latch will be in an
indeterminate state, and therefore you can't garantee which bank is
selected ?

This was the problem when I implemented a similar design using an XC9572
CPLD and a 4M flashrom.

BTW I have a menu system (written in 6809), for my device that allows
you to select at boot time which bank to use, has support for 8K or 4K
banks, will download cassette images to RAM (re-coding, basic between
Dragon and Tandy) etc. The support programs to create the rom image are
written in FreePascal, so should be compilable on any system that can
run FreePas (I've tested on Windows, Linux and MacOSX).

I'll put this on the web somewhere if anyone's interested, may take a
couple of days tho, in the process of rationalising my collection of old
  (mostly PC related hardware, and scaving and scrapping the stuff that
no longer works :) ).

Piccies of my cart can be found here :-

http://daria.bio.warwick.ac.uk/~bshu/Dragon/MegaRomPics/

Cheers,