[Coco] [Color Computer] Coco flash cartridge

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 22 05:16:33 EDT 2007

James Diffendaffer wrote:

> Mark, if you remove the dipswitch and add a latch that can be written
> to on the computer the flash cart can be used as a multicart with a
> menu to select the game you want to play.  This has been done on the
> Atari's, Vectrex and several other systems.

I started a new design this morning. You can load a 1/2/4MByte flash for up
to 256x 16KB images, or 128x 32KB images. Bank-switching is done via
software, as is selecting 16/32KB. There is an external jumper to _disable_
autostart. There is no (E)EPROM support on this one.

The RESET# signal _won't_ reset the bank switch, so you can select an image
and then hard-reset to auto-run the cartridge.

It might even turn out _cheaper_ than my previous design...

Regards,