[Coco] J & M Systems floppy controller

Benoit Bleau benbleau at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 00:18:22 EDT 2007

I looked at the 2732 pinout, and it seems to be compatible with the 24 ROM.

The 24 pin 8k EPROM is the MCM68766, probably difficult to find nowadays.
You could get the DOS adapter from Mark at Cloud9 tech. It's inexpensive,
and would allow you to use up to 16K 28pins EPROMS, in 2 8k banks.
I think you can manually route a wire from the A13 ROM port to the EPROM
socket, and use the full 16K (minus the FF00 and up)

Kind of sad to hack a floppy controller apart :)  You could probably just
cut the trace to the SCS pin, that way, the floppy controller would be
disabled.  Maybe the FIRQ/IRQ pins too.

-Benoit