[Coco] Semi OT: My Latest addition to my vintage computer collection

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 20:35:04 EDT 2007

I will leave the case alone. It's surprisingly well preserved. The fella I got it front said it has been in storage for over 25 years. I  have some hope in getting software to it via the serial port. Inside one of the drives is a floppy disk labeled terminal program but it has been in the drive for over 20 years so who knows if the media has remained stable enough to be used.

 Whats funny is he included an old black and white TV he modified for use as a monitor. Just the other night I was telling my kids that when I was very young a lot of TV's were not in color and had no remote control. I think they did not believe me until I showed them the TV today.

Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com> wrote: At 04:51 PM 9/13/2007, you wrote:
>Someone very kind asked me a few days ago if I wanted it as it
>needed a good home and they would not take payment They just wanted
>to pass it to someone who would enjoy it. It arrived today. I am
>probably too excited over a vintage computer system.
>
>http://www.iinet.com/~dloughrey/My_SOL.jpg
>
>Woohoo!!!

Lucky man.  Be careful if you choose to restore the finish,
though.  I tried to reglaze a CoCo 1, which worked very well for
oh... about 2 months, and now all of a sudden it's chippy, scratchy,
hazy, and just plain ugly again.

I might have it professionally sandblasted and painted by somebody
else, but one of these days dangit, I want to want to own what
appears to be a brand new original CoCo 1, so shiny that I can see my
face in the reflection.  :)

--
Roger Taylor

** Mistrust Authority. Promote Decentralization **