[Coco] Semi OT: My Latest addition to my vintage computer collection

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Sep 13 20:07:30 EDT 2007

At 04:51 PM 9/13/2007, you wrote:
>Someone very kind asked me a few days ago if I wanted it as it
>needed a good home and they would not take payment They just wanted
>to pass it to someone who would enjoy it. It arrived today. I am
>probably too excited over a vintage computer system.
>
>http://www.iinet.com/~dloughrey/My_SOL.jpg
>
>Woohoo!!!

Lucky man.  Be careful if you choose to restore the finish,
though.  I tried to reglaze a CoCo 1, which worked very well for
oh... about 2 months, and now all of a sudden it's chippy, scratchy,
hazy, and just plain ugly again.

I might have it professionally sandblasted and painted by somebody
else, but one of these days dangit, I want to want to own what
appears to be a brand new original CoCo 1, so shiny that I can see my
face in the reflection.  :)

--
Roger Taylor