[Coco] Osk and OS9gen

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Sep 11 09:04:25 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 11 September 2007, Paul Fitch wrote:
>I'm trying to OS9gen a  boot file for the AT306's harddrive, so it will boot
>from the HD, and later my 4-gig CF.  The OS9gen works fine and prepares a
>boot file, up until the last step, then it gives me the error "Can't close
>/h0" and quites.  The boot file is called Tempboot and ident shows that all
>the modules in it are valid.  But its not linked as a bootfile.  I tried
>OS9gen on both /h0 and /h0fmt.  Any thoughts?

If you have the defines for the HD's LSN0, and something like dEd for the
AT306, that might be fixable by hand.  If anything like os9 for the coco, the
filename itself is not used at boot time, only its location and size are
recorded in LSN0 as DD.BT and DD.SIZ.  That of course assumes it is not a
fragmented file.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)