[Coco] Lucky ebay bidder

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Sun Sep 9 15:54:24 EDT 2007

Rumor has it that Glen VanDenBiggelaar may have mentioned these words:
>Roger,
>No real offence is taken. Like I have tried to make clear, shipping to the
>States for 10 units probably would have been close to $100.

Is Canada Post "reasonable" on shipping within Canada? I'm in the US, but
*right on the border.*

[[ Roger turns around from his computer & looks out the winder... across
about 1km of water, there's this "udder country" dat say 'eh?' all da time
;-) ]]

No, I don't speak French, but yes, I actually know how to say "Sault Ste.
Marie" as I live there. ;-)

If you were in Ontario, I'd have even offered to _drive & pick up_ [1] but
with enough browsing of your webpage, I see you're in Alberta. That's a bit
of a drive... :-(

>....CoCo stuff, many prototype and project hardware, boxes of disks that a
>past collector made of new and unique software and many unseen before
>'Cool" items.

Computers are computers are computers... but the above snippet, IMHO, has a
much higher need to be saved from the dumpster. There's still bajillions of
CoCos, and projects to replicate the hardware in FPGA form... but disks,
prototypes, etc. once gone are prolly gone forever.

Does it suck that you needed to dumpster a few CoCos? Sure... but if you
have no choice, there's no choice... They're not exactly an endangered
species yet... _Would_ it suck if you dumpstered an irreplaceable
prototype? Yes - on that note, there would be much wailing & gnashing of
teeth, at least on my part... ;-)

Anywho, as always, IMHO, YMMV, etc. etc.

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

[1] Contingent on my getting a new job. I've applied for a geek job (IT
Manager) for the city in which I live, and if I get it, my tight money
issues will have been loosened considerably - even enough to afford
Canadian petrol... ;-) Interviews are next Friday, it appears I'm up
against two other individuals...

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Profile, don't speculate."
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers |     Daniel J. Bernstein