[Coco] Lucky ebay bidder

Manny cocolist at invigorated.org
Sun Sep 9 04:07:56 EDT 2007

Glen VanDenBiggelaar wrote:
> Like I said, I have about 3 "spare part" units and about 10 more in
> storage. I have way to many Coco's. Just here in my living room on
> display, I have 3 white 64 K CoCo 1's, 4 32K CoCo 1's (one with a
> upgraded keyboard) 6 CoCo 2's (3 of each) and 1 lonely 512K CoCo 3. I
> don't even want to think about how many CoCo 2's I have in the
> storage room. On last count it was over 18. So, I do not feel bad
> tossing some of the dead weight, especially when no one seemed to be
> interested in them. -Glen

But I bet there would have been some interest in them if you'd have
given them away for just shipping... Besides, I don't think I saw your
announcement about them here. I wonder if there would have been a few
people (Mary?) that would have bought them for the $5.00 (US?) asking price.

I'm not trying to 'bust yer balls' for throwing them away. I just think
it would have been good to at least let us know on the list that they
were 5 minutes from being trashed. Heck, if I were still living in the
States, I might have bought one. (Through many objections from my wife!) :)

-M.