[Coco] AT306 Mouse and Keyboard

Paul Fitch pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 8 21:37:36 EDT 2007

> 	Nope. My AT306 has complained about not starting the
> clock for years, but, the keyboard works fine.

According to the SuperIO data sheet:

The RTC in the PC87303 is a low-power clock that provides
a time-of-day clock and 100-year calendar with alarm features
and battery operation. Other features include three
maskable interrupt sources and 242 bytes of general purpose
RAM. Valid RAM and time can be maintained through
the use of an external battery source. It is software compatible
with the DS1287 and MC146818.

Seeing as how this chip was new in the early '90s, it doesn't make sence to
me that you would have a 100 year clock that wasn't Y2K compliant.  SO maybe
the SETIME command is whats broken here?  Nah, that doesn't make sence.  Its
something in the KERNAL, since that's where the error first pops up.  SETIME
is still broken tho, its just not the cause.  It's a symptom.