[Coco] [Bulk] AT306 Mouse Question

Dave Kelly daveekelly at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 8 18:39:17 EDT 2007

Paul Fitch wrote:

> I'd expect the MOUSE to be located somewhere on the Serial, Parellel, and
> Floppy I/O schematic or the IDE and Keyboard I/O schematic.  Didn't see it
> tho.
I am digging under lots of dust and pushing away lots of cobwebs
trying to remember the conversation I had with Kevin Pease.

If any of the following is 100% correct - HURRAY!
If not - get out the salt shaker.

A short history. In building a robotic device I accidentally pushed
a 12 volt pulse back into the superIO chip through the printer port.

After realizing what  I had done, I contacted Chris Hawks who gave
me Karl Krieder's email, who sent me to Kevin Pease who I
found in the Nashville area. This was pre "Al Gore inventing the
Internet."

Kevin said he would do the exchange if I would buy the chip. Deal.
Turns out the chip was discontinued and none available. Another
chip upgrade would work just as well. I ordered one and sent
everything off to Kevin.

Six months later I had heard nothing from Kevin. Several phone
call where he was always at work and many email messages I
finally got a message that said, "He had everything working
except the  mouse and didn't have a scope to check it with."

I told him I was a keyboard  person and did not own a mouse
(I didn't) go ahead and return it.

I used it that way until The Coco Birthday Pennfest when I bought my
Linux system
from Ron Bull.

Here again, IIRC.
The manual in the introduction says the idea behind the 306
was to use readily available parts and devices for an OS9
based computer. Isn't there a plug next to the keyboard plug
for the mouse.

Standardization.

Tight code,
Dave

--
A little rum in the morning coffee. Just to clear the cobwebs, ya know.