[Coco] [Bulk] Reading Osk disks

Paul Fitch pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 8 09:22:52 EDT 2007

> If your AT306 works, and your utility on the PC to read CoCo
> OS-9 disks can't be massaged to comprehend the AT306' format,
> you should be able to use DMODE on the '306 to format a CoCo
> compatible floppy, and then read that on the PC.  Also, I
> have a FAT file manager on the MM/1 (I don't remember whether
> it's called MSH or PCF) that allows OS-9 to read/write DOS
> FAT disks.  If you have that file manager, you could copy
> your OS-9 goodness onto a PC disk straight on the '306.  If
> you do that, I would recommend archiving the files first --
> both to save space and to avoid munging the file names with
> 8.3 evil.  Just make sure you use an archive util that you
> can uncompress on the PC.  lha or gzip are likely candidates.

The PC file manager would be useful.  I'll get the AT306 running today, but
I can't leave it up for long without a case.  If I turn my back on it, I'm
sure I'll discover that one of my roommates (feline type) will have
stretched out on the board.  The least nasty outcome of that would be a
slightly singed cat<g>.  All the other alternatives are worse<g>.