[Coco] OSK HD Formatting help needed

Paul Fitch pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 9 16:32:22 EDT 2007

I want to format the HD that I got with my AT306 with a 3-gig partition, and
a 1-gig partition.  Under OSK, for my purposes, I don't need more than this.
And, also, under OSk V3.0, I've read that RBF has some problems when you
approach the 4-gig barrier.

Could someone help me with the DMODE parameters to do this?  The HD has the
following information on it:

Western Digital WD400
WD Caviar
Enhanced IDE HD
LBA: 78165360
MDL: WD400BB-00AUA1
It is a 40-gig IDE drive.

The WD specs for this drive state the following:

# of actual platters = 2
# of heads = 4
#bytes/sector = 512

Why 3 +1?  Well, once the rest of the hardware arrives, I'm going to do the
same thing to the 4-gig CF card I've got.  Then I will pull the 40-gig drive
and run totally from CF.  No heat, no noise, less power, less weight and
equivalent performance.