[Coco] CoCo emulation on a Compaq Internet Appliance?

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Wed Oct 24 00:28:04 EDT 2007

Kevin Diggs wrote:
> Joel Ewy wrote:
>> a piece of hardware you potentially cannot use.  The hard drive Frank
>> mentions above for instance, will only work in a 32-bit Cardbus slot.
>> But all of the CF adapters I have seen are 16-bit PCMCIA, and they run
>> in the range of $10-$15.  Finally, you can tell the difference between
>
> I have a really cool looking Lexar cardbus CF adapter. Handles CFII
> microdrives. ... Nope ... can't get it to work in linux either!

I've got a couple PCMCIA (16-bit) CF adapters that do work fine under
Linux.  One of them is branded by CompUSA.  Not sure who actually made
it, but they're currently selling one for about $9 from SanDisk -- maybe
it's the same thing.  See my other post on this topic for a link.

Also see what I wrote about microdrives from geeks.com.  Don't think the
cheap PCMCIA CF adapters will accept a Type II device though.  Maybe one
could cut away the lid and put it in the bottom slot... :)

JCE