[Coco] CoCo emulation on a Compaq Internet Appliance?

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Tue Oct 23 15:48:14 EDT 2007

Hmmm... I didn't know there was a 16 and 32 bit! Vendors shouldn't use
the two terms interchangeably, obviously, but they do. At least they
could put in the specs whether it's 16 or 32 bit, but they all assume
everyone is wanting the latest and greatest, they just don't care about
us retro and "not quite cutting edge" kind of people. I can't afford
cutting edge tech, so I get last year's model, off lease, or overstock
stuff most of the time -- with occasional refurbished items. Just like
cars -- I'd rather save a few years and pay cash for a 3-4 year old good
condition one than pay top dollar for brand new! Did that once long ago,
and when I went to trade it off for another it didn't make much
difference, except in MY pocket!

Well, the stuff from CA Digital is older, off lease or NOS surplus, so
it's most definitely 16 bit PCMCIA! The 2GB CF adapter doesn't have the
gold stripe either, just the 8.1 GB hard drive.
So these should be good:

Here's a link for a CF card adapter -- $50 w/a 2GB CF card isn't bad:

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"