[Coco] 32K carts?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 23 05:37:54 EDT 2007

Joe wrote:

> When you switch to 32K External it gets wierd.
> $C001 to Whatever is mapped to the first 16K of the ROM and $8000 to
> $C000 maps to the last 16K of the ROM. This makes sense as any code
> running from rom say at $C??? would need to turn on 32K External mode,
> but when that happens if it was a liner map the code that was executing
> would "jump up" 16K.

Thanks Joe - that's done the trick. I had to swap the upper and lower 16KB
in Arkanoid and it runs now! Presumably Rampage has the same issue.

I need to order a couple of more passives now to be able to test the flash
option and the "Flash2" cart.

For those few interested, I'll do some pricing very soon. I've been
ultra-busy the last few weeks and have only been able to devote the odd
minute here-or-there to this project...

Regards,