[Coco] Computers and electric trains...

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Wed Nov 28 19:54:08 EST 2007

> Aaron,
>
> There was a series of articles in the Model Railroader magazine which gave
> details about controlling a model rail layout from a computer. Various
> different computers were used, including the Colour Computer.
>
> It was called C/MRI for Computer/Model Railroad Interface, and was written
> and designed by Bruce Chubb. The articles started in the February 1985
> issue of that magazine.

I have the book; it is pretty well dated now.  There is a group using the
current version of the CMRI system.

(Yahoo! ID required)

That URL should get you close.

It would seem to me, that if you got a parallel port for the CoCo, you might
be able to tap into the current system.  IIRC; the original system pulled
the signals off the main data buss somehow.

I would like to know how you do on controlling a RR with your CoCo.  Enough
so, that I may even get involved in running my own RR with a CoCo.  Seeing
as I have got to build another and as a starving student, RRs find a low
priority so that may take a while.

Bruce W.