[Coco] TALK HEAD!

bear at bears.org bear at bears.org
Mon Nov 19 17:54:46 EST 2007

One of the apps I've been peeking around for is one that my buddies and I
got a lot of fun out of in the mid-80s (largely because it seemed to be
modeled after my seventh grade history teacher) is Talk Head for the
RealTalker voice synth.  I seem to remember the RealTalker sounded a lot
better than the speech sound pak -- it was based on the votrax chip, I
think.  In any case, is that software still around?  Do any of the
emulators support emulating the RealTalker?  Mame apparently has the
votrax chip emulation in it... but I don't know if the coco emulation
supports it.

Peace,
Gary

   *********    *****    **                  Gary Coulbourne