[Coco] (no subject)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Nov 15 19:48:48 EST 2007

On Thursday 15 November 2007, Steve Bjork wrote:
>Good day everyone!
>
>I'm looking for all I/O addresses (and mirror addresses too) used by
>past (and new) CoCo products.  (Not just the Tandy stuff, but also
>all third party hardware too.)
>
>The goal is to create a complete list of all used and more
>importantly open I/O address for future CoCo projects.
>
>This is what I've got so far:
>
>$FF00-$FF3F PIA Reference
>$FF00-$FF1F PIA0
>$FF20-$FF3F PIA1
>
>Disk Controller Reference
>$FF40 Disk Controller
>$FF41-$FF47 DSKREG Copies
>$FF48 Status/Command
>$FF49 - Track
>$FF4A - Sector
>$FF4B - Data
>$FF50-$FF5F - Other Disks
>
>Miscellaneous Hardware
>$FF60 -$FF62 X-Pad interface
>$FF60 -$FF67 CoCo Max A/D Module
>$FF60 -$FF7F TC^3 SCSI
>$FF63 Open (*1)
>$FF64 Open (*1)
>$FF65 Open (*1)
>$FF67 Open (*1)
>$FF68 - $FF6B RS-232 Program Pak Interface
>$FF6C - $FF6F Direct Connect Modem Pak
>$FF70 - $FF72 Musica stereo pack
>$FF70 - $FF72 Laser light show D/A
>$FF70 - $FF74 Speech Systems Supervoice
>$FF70 - $FF74 Burke & Burke CYBERVOICE
>$FF70 - $FF78 Glenside IDE controller
The WP-RS I had came out of the box using $ff76-77-78-79
But since that wipes out 8 addresses in the usual 4 address wide scheme, it
wasn't much to move it to $ff74-77 and fix the driver since it was the 12
upper addresses I moved below.  Spare gate on the card.
>$FF79 Open (*2)
>$FF7A - $FF7B Orchestra-90
>$FF7C Open (*2)
>$FF7D - $FF7E Sound/speech Cartridge
>$FF7F Multi-Pak Programming Register
>
>COCO 3 GIME Hardware Reference  (All Write Only)
>$FF90 Initialization Register 0
>$FF91 Initialization Register 1
>$FF92 Interrupt Request Enable Register
>$FF93 Fast Interrupt Request Enable Reg
>$FF94 Timer MSB
>$FF95 Timer LSB
>$FF96 Open
>$FF97 Open
>$FF98 Video mode register
>$FF99 Video resolution register
>$FF9A Border color register
>$FF9C Vertical scroll register
>$FF9D Vertical offset register
>$FF9E Vertical offset register
>$FF9F Horizontal offset register
>$FFA0-$FFAF MMU bank registers (Bits 6-0)
>$FFB0-$FFBF Color palette registers (Bits 6-0)
>
>SAM Registers $FFC0-$FFDF
>$FFC0 - $FFC5 SAM Video Display
>$FFC6 - $FFD3 SAM Page Select
>$FFD4 - $FFD5 SAM Page Select
>$FFD6 - $FFD9 Clock Speed R0/R1
>$FFDA - $FFDD Memory size M0/M1
>$FFDE - $FFDF ROM/RAM map type
>
>Interrupt Vectors
>$FFE0-$FFF1 Reserved
>$FFF2-$FFFF Interrupt vectors
>
>(*1) Open if TC^3 SCIS Control and CoCo Max A/D modules are not supported
>(*2) Open if TC^3 SCIS Control is not supported
>
>Not many open I/O ports. There could be even less when you include
>other hardware like SuperBoard from Cloud-9.  (What about it guys?)
>
>If you got any other ports that are in use, please send them along so
>we have a complete list of hardware and I/O ports to support.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Steve (6809er) Bjork

What we've needed for decades is a quick kit to isolate the $FF00-03 from
$FF04-1F, ditto for the $FF20-03 range, leaving $FF24-3F open for our uses.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)