[Coco] (no subject)

Steve Bjork 6809er at bjork-huffman.net
Thu Nov 15 17:46:58 EST 2007

Good day everyone!

I'm looking for all I/O addresses (and mirror addresses too) used by
past (and new) CoCo products.  (Not just the Tandy stuff, but also
all third party hardware too.)

The goal is to create a complete list of all used and more
importantly open I/O address for future CoCo projects.

This is what I've got so far:

$FF00-$FF3F PIA Reference
$FF00-$FF1F PIA0
$FF20-$FF3F PIA1

Disk Controller Reference
$FF40 Disk Controller
$FF41-$FF47 DSKREG Copies
$FF48 Status/Command
$FF49 - Track
$FF4A - Sector
$FF4B - Data
$FF50-$FF5F - Other Disks

Miscellaneous Hardware
$FF60 -$FF62 X-Pad interface
$FF60 -$FF67 CoCo Max A/D Module
$FF60 -$FF7F TC^3 SCSI
$FF63 Open (*1)
$FF64 Open (*1)
$FF65 Open (*1)
$FF67 Open (*1)
$FF68 - $FF6B RS-232 Program Pak Interface
$FF6C - $FF6F Direct Connect Modem Pak
$FF70 - $FF72 Musica stereo pack
$FF70 - $FF72 Laser light show D/A
$FF70 - $FF74 Speech Systems Supervoice
$FF70 - $FF74 Burke & Burke CYBERVOICE
$FF70 - $FF78 Glenside IDE controller
$FF79 Open (*2)
$FF7A - $FF7B Orchestra-90
$FF7C Open (*2)
$FF7D - $FF7E Sound/speech Cartridge
$FF7F Multi-Pak Programming Register

COCO 3 GIME Hardware Reference  (All Write Only)
$FF90 Initialization Register 0
$FF91 Initialization Register 1
$FF92 Interrupt Request Enable Register
$FF93 Fast Interrupt Request Enable Reg
$FF94 Timer MSB
$FF95 Timer LSB
$FF96 Open
$FF97 Open
$FF98 Video mode register
$FF99 Video resolution register
$FF9A Border color register
$FF9C Vertical scroll register
$FF9D Vertical offset register
$FF9E Vertical offset register
$FF9F Horizontal offset register
$FFA0-$FFAF MMU bank registers (Bits 6-0)
$FFB0-$FFBF Color palette registers (Bits 6-0)

SAM Registers $FFC0-$FFDF
$FFC0 - $FFC5 SAM Video Display
$FFC6 - $FFD3 SAM Page Select
$FFD4 - $FFD5 SAM Page Select
$FFD6 - $FFD9 Clock Speed R0/R1
$FFDA - $FFDD Memory size M0/M1
$FFDE - $FFDF ROM/RAM map type

Interrupt Vectors
$FFE0-$FFF1 Reserved
$FFF2-$FFFF Interrupt vectors

(*1) Open if TC^3 SCIS Control and CoCo Max A/D modules are not supported
(*2) Open if TC^3 SCIS Control is not supported

Not many open I/O ports. There could be even less when you include
other hardware like SuperBoard from Cloud-9.  (What about it guys?)

If you got any other ports that are in use, please send them along so
we have a complete list of hardware and I/O ports to support.

Thanks!

Steve (6809er) Bjork