[Coco] Has anybody connected

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Fri Nov 9 20:29:31 EST 2007

>>> A CoCo to a PC using a TV tuner card?
>>> And how well did it work?
>>>

>>      The picture was nice. But there was a 1/2 second latency in the
>> video.
>> It made playing games almost impossible.
>>

> Maybe you could try one of the cheaper cards that have no encoders, like
> the Sabrent TV
> tuner cards.

Thank you for the input.  This sounds slightly encouraging.  I tried an ISA
card a couple years ago but it did not have a composite port and software
was not available from the defunct company.

The card that the wife got me is an older one.  An ATI-TV Wonder to be
specific.  So once I find/make a break in the honey-do list and find/make a
break in schoolwork I will pick a computer to try it out in.  The idea of
getting a CoCo on-line with out needing the space for another monitor is
very attractive seeing as there are 7 PCs on my desk now.  All connected to
one keyboard, monitor and mouse set with one port in reserve for "transient"
machines.

Bruce W.