[Coco] [Color Computer] New here...

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 19:16:03 EST 2007

Welcome to the group! You can do all the exciting things that 1st brought you to the coco in the old days as a hobby. I currently use mine telnet into BBS's via my XP system just because I can I suppose.

A lot of folks also go the emulation route to use coco software.

Make sure to hit www.coco3.com when you can as well.

Ed Siler <ed_s_429 at yahoo.com> wrote: I just discovered this group, and I've VERY surprised to see there's
still much interest in the CoCo! I haven't had one of mine fired up in
years, but I was very much a true CoCo nut back in the day. Even
attended Rainbowfest in Chicago in '83 or '84.
Still have all my goodies stored in their original boxes - CoCo's,
MC10, Dragon, multipaks, drives, tapes, modem, X pad ...  the works.
Some Frank Hogg & Dennis Kitz stuff. Tons of software. Full rank of
mags too - ALL the Rainbows mags, from beginning to end. Hot CoCo.
Color Computer mag. Undercolor. All carefully boxed away.
Opened that closet the other day & the memories poured out, that's
what got me looking on the 'net.

While I know beyond a doubt the CoCo was the best & the 6809 had it
all over the rest, just what can you do with one TODAY?? Didn't true
development of the platform stagnate over a decade ago?

Anyway, it's good to see some are still interested - maybe I'll drag
one out & see if I can remember how to start it!

Ed

** Mistrust Authority. Promote Decentralization **