[Coco] [Color Computer] New here...

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Thu Nov 8 23:28:47 EST 2007

Hi, Ed.

If you want to quickly see the latest, most impressive CoCo
developments, take a look at Sock Master's demos:
http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/  (be sure to check out the real
Donkey Kong conversion and Sock's Hi-Color image viewer -- both of those
will astound you with what can be done on a CoCo.)

Then go to Cloud-9.  They're a real live CoCo vendor in 2007 who are
still developing new hardware and software for the CoCo:
http://www.cloud9tech.com/  Especially note the Super IDE controller and
DriveWire.

Then go to Gary Becker's web site and see his CoCo 3 implemented in
FPGA:  http://www.geocities.com/gary_L_becker/coco3fpga.html  If you buy
yourself an FPGA development kit, download Gary's GPL code, and put in
some of your own elbow grease, you can have a CoCo sytstem on a chip
that runs at 22MHz.

There are S-Video and VGA monitor adapters available for the CoCo 3, a
new Gauntlet clone (called The Glove), several good PC CoCo emulators,
and the Glenside Color Computer Club still puts on an Annual 'Last'
CoCoFest.

Allen Huffman has a CoCo Wiki we can all contribute to (
http://www.coco25.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page ), and as Mary points
out, Roger Taylor's coco3.com is a great web site and portal to all
things CoCo, plus it hosts Mary's very cool CoCo web 'zine.

We're glad you found the list.

Joel Ewy
JCE