[Coco] Glenside IDE Hard Drive Interface --- HOW-TO

Randy Just randyjust at comcast.net
Sun Nov 4 20:01:43 EST 2007

OK, this is where I am right now.  I did load syscall.  I thought I
was supposed to load it under BASIC.
An error happened.  Then I just did a load /d0/CMDS/syscall  I am
learning <grin>.

I then ran makedesc.b09 and at this point I have a series of *.dd
files as follows in my /d1/IDE2.1 directory:

H0.dd
H1.dd
H2.dd
H3.dd
H4.dd

 From directions I have, I am supposed to copy the descriptors into:

NITROS9/6809LII/MODULES/RBF

Problem: This directory doesn't exist on my NitrOS9 boot-up diskette.

Then I am supposed to copy the proper driver into the same
directory.  Not sure what exactly the
property driver is supposed to be.  I see a series of files that
appear to be driver files in my IDE2.0
subdirectory relating to the port (i.e. 70 vs. 50).  Still uncertain
which file is the actual driver.  Confusing
as heck.

Next, I am supposed to edit standard.bl and in the RBF section, add
the glenside driver and descriptors.  Not
sure what I am supposed to use for an editor other than edit.

Can you please advise as to the steps I need to do after creating the
*.dd files?