[Coco] OS9 Level 1 ver 2

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Nov 2 11:09:56 EDT 2007

Chester A Patterson wrote:
> Thanks.
> I thought it had to be a table, what with 01 this, 01 that, etc.
> What gets my goat is neither Cobbler nor OS9Gen can or do put those
> bytes in there, they are just loose bytes in between the OS9 CRC and the
> OS9p2 header, that I had to put in there manually. I guess my question
> is, was OS9 Level 1 ver 2 released as flawed as that?

Why do you think OS-9 Level1 ver2 is flawed? Both Cobbler and Os9gen
will either read the boot track from memory (including the vector table)
or a separate file and place the boot track on disk. That's all OS-9 was
supposed to do.

Under normal OS-9 usage, the boot track would not be changed from the
Tandy default content. It is up to the user to see that the boot track
is correctly formed when hacking the code.