[Coco] Determining OS-9 Floppy Type

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Sun May 27 15:52:05 EDT 2007

George's Coco Address wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Phill Harvey-Smith"
> Wow! Was there an 80 track single sided disk drive? I never heard of it.

Yep, Dragon Alpha/Professional used Sony 3.5" SS80 drives, also over
here in the UK SS80 (or even SS40/80 switchable) drives where quite
common, especially on machines like the BBC micro.

 > I suppose there are other combinations that could be confusing also.
 > Hadn't thought of that.

Yeah psiibly though I guess 40 or 80 tracks, single or double sided
where the most common, IIRC the Tandy 35 track format and 40 track
format are the same, except for less tracks :)

Cheers.

Phill.