[Coco] pdf files on cocodownunder

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun May 27 09:06:13 EDT 2007

On Sunday 27 May 2007, Bob Devries wrote:
>Hi Coconuts,
>
>It has come to my attention that not everybody can read the PDF files that I
>uploaded to the website www.cocodownunder.com
>
>I originally created these with Adobe Acrobat Version 6.0.6, which allows me
>to create PDF's compatible with v5 (default) or v4 of Acrobat reader. I
>chose V5, thinking that *everybody* would have at least that version, seing
>that version 7 is now in common use (I thought).
>
>It seems that I may be wrong about this.
>
>I'd like comments from people who have tried, successfully or
>unsuccessfully, to read the pdf files I have uploaded there, whether with
>Acrobat reader (please state which version), or another windows or linux
>based PDF reader.
>
>I don't currently have a linux box running, so I can't try any of that
>flovour pdf reader. I did try version 4 of Acrobat Reader, and it barfs on
>the files.
>
>If I scan the pages with V4 compatibility set, then V4 of Acrobat Reader has
>no problems. However, there seems to be no way to make the existing (V5)
>files compatible with V4, short of re-scanning the documents.
>
>I'd like to hear from y'all.

A large percentage of us that are running linux, have been keeping things up
to date, my installed acrobat reader is 7.08.

I also visited cocodownunder.com Bob, but wasn't able to find _any_ pdf's,
even with the search utility.  Where are they squirreled away?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)