[Coco] pdf files on cocodownunder

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sun May 27 00:43:43 EDT 2007

Hi Coconuts,

It has come to my attention that not everybody can read the PDF files that I
uploaded to the website www.cocodownunder.com

I originally created these with Adobe Acrobat Version 6.0.6, which allows me
to create PDF's compatible with v5 (default) or v4 of Acrobat reader. I
chose V5, thinking that *everybody* would have at least that version, seing
that version 7 is now in common use (I thought).

It seems that I may be wrong about this.

I'd like comments from people who have tried, successfully or
unsuccessfully, to read the pdf files I have uploaded there, whether with
Acrobat reader (please state which version), or another windows or linux
based PDF reader.

I don't currently have a linux box running, so I can't try any of that
flovour pdf reader. I did try version 4 of Acrobat Reader, and it barfs on
the files.

If I scan the pages with V4 compatibility set, then V4 of Acrobat Reader has
no problems. However, there seems to be no way to make the existing (V5)
files compatible with V4, short of re-scanning the documents.

I'd like to hear from y'all.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.