[Coco] [color computer] archiving or backing up a hard drive

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat May 26 17:21:59 EDT 2007

George's Coco Address wrote:
><snip>
> What I wanted to do was use LHA to archive each directory in the root, but
> it won't do subdirectories. This means I would have to go to the lowest
> subdirectory and archive it's contents, then move up and archive that
> archive and the files in that directory and then move up one directory and
> .... well you get the idea, I think.
>
 ><snip>

If you are using the version by Haruyasu Yoshizaki (lha + xlh), then you
are mistaken. LHA will easily do subdirectories if you ask it to.

Type lha [ENTER]  and you will get the complete syntax for lha. Notice
the Option "r: Recursively collect files". That's what you need along
with the command "a: Add files" to get subdirectories.

Note that options must be preceded with a - sign.