[Coco] a bit of coco trivia

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Fri May 25 01:26:17 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Devries"
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:55 PM
Subject: [Coco] a bit of coco trivia

<snip>

> Wow, think of it. If each cassette was just 10 minutes long (it may have
> been more, because Dave always saved two copies of each program), that
> would equate to 34 hours of time, plus the time taken to re-load the blank
> cassettes. I guess that was in the pre- fast tape duplicator times.

High speed duplication has been around LONG before cassettes.
He had several machines running at once, so the math you used it not quite
correct.

The high speed machines to do so cost a LOT more than standard tape recorder
or (long before}, a record cutter.
Vinyl presses for making LP albums preceded cassettes, 4 tract and 8 track
tapes and even computers.
It takes m$ney to dupe stuff quickly.  So, when we start at home, in our
garage, with little money, we buy what we can afford and run with that until
we get bucks to buy one of those "High Speed Thingies".

 George