[Coco] CoCoDisk update now available

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Fri May 18 21:37:24 EDT 2007

Hi Darren,

Thanks for incorporating my suggestions in your CocoDisk programme.

I have some more suggestions:

I noticed that if there are too many errors, your programme still quits
without saving anything. I don't have any idea about how you're doing this,
but here's my suggestion FWIW:

When asked to read the disk, perhaps CocoDisk should create a temporary file
of the size required, e.g. 630*256 bytes for an DECB disk; 2880*256 bytes
for double-sided 80 tracks. Fill that temp file with the selected error
byte, and then overlay that file with the good sectors as they're read. That
way, no matter how many sectors are faulty, the user will still get
*something*. When the read is finished, ask the user for a filename to
copy/rename that temp file to.

Hope it helps,

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.