[Coco] CocoDisk was: nitros-9

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sun May 13 20:02:19 EDT 2007

Darren,

I have tried your CocoDisk.
The following observations are from my brief experience:

The programme quits without saving anything when it detects any sort of read
error. With many of my disks being aged, I would love to see the programme
skipping over problem sectors, and storing a known pattern in the bad
sector. For preference, the fill byte for a bad sector should be user
selectable; that way, it can be made, say, $E5 for RSDOS, and $FF for OS9
(yeah, I know, that is the reverse of what is used for blank sectors...
That's the idea!)

I also was not able to get it to write a (MESS) image onto the disk without
error. It may have been a bad disk; I'll need to experiment some more. BTW,
at this time, I'm using 3.5" disks, as that is all I have in this Windoze
box. The error given was that your programme could not find the required
sector.

Hope that helps.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.