[Coco] nitros-9

theother_bob theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 23:33:07 EDT 2007

I just tried it today on my XP laptop Darren... very cool!
I was able to read and write coco floppies to/from dsk images.
Some dsk images would not output to disk, but I expected that
since there are various formats. Work-around-able, I'm sure.

Anyone looking for an easy XP floppy solution, I would
recommend this as a good alternative to omniflop.

Nice work Darren! Are you continuing development?
Thanks,
Bob

===========================

You could also try my CoCoDisk utility located here:

  <http://www.coco3.com/users/DarrenA/CoCoDisk.zip>

It doesn't require registration like OmniFlop.  You will need to download
and install the fdrawcmd driver from <http://simonowen.com/fdrawcmd/>, but
it too requires no registration and is much easier to install (no going
through the Device Manager).

So far, I've gotten no reports of anyone having actually used this utility.

The main restriction with the current version is that it doesn't support
double-stepping the head on a 96 TPI drive when a 48 TPI disk is inserted.
I hope to remedy this problem soon.

Cheers,
Darren