[Coco] nitros-9

Darren A. darccml at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 20:12:58 EDT 2007

>From: "mike delyea"
>
>Ok, after many frustrating attempts and jumping through hoops until I'm
>blue
>in the face, I've arrived at the solution.  Assuming you have your 5.25
>inch
>360k floppy installed and you've downloaded the .dsk images from
>sourceforge:
>
>1. You gotta have XP or 2K installed.
>2. You need omniflop on your hard drive.
>3. You gotta install the special omniflop floppy drivers through device
>manager.
>4. You must get a registration number either by web or email.
>5. You place a floppy in the drive and start omniflop.
>6. You "format" the disk using the nitros-9 40tpi DSDD 360k format.
>7. You "Write" your image file (downloaded from sourceforge) using mess
>.dsk
>format.
>
>Thats it, you don't screw around with the emulators or create any new
>images.  You just use omniflop.

-

You could also try my CoCoDisk utility located here:

  <http://www.coco3.com/users/DarrenA/CoCoDisk.zip>

It doesn't require registration like OmniFlop.  You will need to download
and install the fdrawcmd driver from <http://simonowen.com/fdrawcmd/>, but
it too requires no registration and is much easier to install (no going
through the Device Manager).

So far, I've gotten no reports of anyone having actually used this utility.

The main restriction with the current version is that it doesn't support
double-stepping the head on a 96 TPI drive when a 48 TPI disk is inserted.
I hope to remedy this problem soon.

Cheers,
Darren