[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Wed May 9 20:06:51 EDT 2007

More likely then not telnet was installed and is simply disabled. With
fedora it can be enabled by going to  /etc/xinetd.d. Edit the file called
telnet the last line should be "disable = yes". Change the yes to no and
restart xinetd. Although proftp isn't included on the core distribution it
is available via yum. It is possible to use vsftpd which is included with
the dvd/cds. It isn't active by default. To start while the server is running
execute as root "/etc/init.d/vsftpd start". To make the change persistant use
chkconfig. As root "chkconfig --level 35 vsftpd on"

Frank

PS - Dan, if you don't understand any of this spend some time reading
documentation for xinetd and the man page for chkconfig.