[Coco] Grr!!! Bad MPI! No biscuit!

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue May 8 11:59:48 EDT 2007

On 8 May 2007 at 8:30, Mark Marlette wrote:

> james,
>
> Trying not to laugh....(count the # of times you used the term
> TTL..... :)
>
> You are talking general about LS and common knowledge about logic
> families. I was talking specifically about the LS245 and the CoCo.
>
> Mark
> Cloud-9

*****************

Yes the LS245 had to incorparate hysteresis so that it would have improved
performance over the rest of the LSTTL family when driven by NMOS and CMOS
devices. But the to make your blanket comment that because of the hysteresis it
is better than that of another family is not necessarily true. LSTTL family has
poorer noise imunity than that of the TTL family and the F(ast)TTL family.  That
even includes the LS24* bus drivers.

Yes there is

TTL
STTL
LSTTL
ALSTTL
FTTL

and probably a few more families of TTL variant logic.

james