[Coco] Memory map and memory management on coco3

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sun May 6 20:45:22 EDT 2007

Frank Pittel wrote:

> Does anyone know of a website that does a good job of explaining the
> operation of the mmu and all the registers involved as well as showing
> the coco3 memory map? Also which pages are the best candidates for
> paging?

I'm no expert but I've been using Sockmaster's page for reference...
<http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/gime.html>

All the registers are there but no _detailed_ explanation (tutorial).

As far as the MMU is concerned, you'll need to worry about $FF90/1 and
$FFA0-7/8-F and perhaps $FFDE/F. The rest are interrupt and video registers.

Have a read and see what you think...

Regards,