[Coco] Stereo Composer

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Sat May 5 15:53:04 EDT 2007

The only software that I used with the Speech Systems Stereo Composer
was Lester Hands MUSICA and MUSICA ][ products, which reminded me a
great deal of the Music+ and Music 3+ programs from the Rainbow - I
believe Lester's product came first. I haven't had a stereo composer
for years which is why I modified an Orch-90. If you look at the
Schematic in the Orch-90 manual, (I don't have my schematic in hand,
but IIRC, I swapped one line from the 74ls138 and 74ls133 and made it
switchable between the two memory maps, bit I'll have to look at it
again.)(there was a little bit more to it than that)

I believe Lester Hands released MUSICA II as freeware or shareware or
something of that nature some years ago, as it was on RTSI before the
crash. I haven't looked lately.

Also, in my Limbo of a storage shed exists software that I wrote back
then to play musica/2 and music+/3+
via either stereo pak as well as via the internal 6-bit DAC. Soon all of
this stuff will be uploaded to malted media, I've just got to manage the
time to go through the entire storage shed.

-Robert