[Coco] trouble writing disks

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Fri May 4 09:58:03 EDT 2007

coco at yourdvd.net wrote:
> Jeff's documentation states that 360k drives can be a problem with port.
> One reported solution is to force your BIOS to misidentify the 360k dsdd
> as a 3.5'' 720k drive. The other is to just use the 1.2mb floppy in the
> ibm. I've used both 360k and 1.2mb drives with Jeff's software with no
> problems, but many people do have problems with the 360k drives using
> port. -robert

I hadn't remembered that.  I have to admit that I use mostly 720k 3.5"
floppies in 1.44M drives on both the CoCo and PC.  I realize that under
RS-DOS, even using 2 sides, I'm wasting a lot of the capacity of the
disk.  But the form factor is so much more convenient for me and it
makes for much easier cross-platform file transfers.

JCE