[Coco] From Diego. Immigration status update

Diego Barizo diegoba at adinet.com.uy
Fri May 25 00:05:07 EDT 2007

First, I want to apologize to all of you who might be a bit tired about
this. But since many people in the list have helped me one way or the
other, this seems to be the best way to tell what's been going on.

Today I had my court hearing. Luckily, I didn't have to go to Buffalo,
we were able to do it all over the phone.
But one of the reasons for that, was that all the decisions had already
been made. I have to leave in no more than 120 days (Set. 21st).
The only way I could have a real chance to stay is getting married. I've
already talked to .... uhhh... let's say, my former lover, who lived
with me for about 1 year.
But the problem is that she's 13 years older than I am, and she's black
and I'm white. I have been told that because of that, the immigration
department might reject the application. They seem to believe that age
and race DO make a difference.
If I have to leave, I might still be able to come back in a year or so,
but I guess that I will need something better than a tourist visa.

Thank you all again for your support, you all really helped me one way
or another.
I'll keep you posted if any news develop.

Diego