[Coco] [coco] webcam

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Mar 31 21:31:42 EDT 2007

Dialup and Windows 98 is perfect, Roy.  I've got a client doing this
24/7 for 3 years.  We can do this if you want to download the webcam
software tonight or tomorrow morning.  Webcam32 and CoffeeCup WebCam
are great even if they put an "unregistered" message at the top of
the images, but I think one of those gives a 30-day trial with no messages.

Set the software to compress 75% jpegs and upload at 15 to 20-second
intervals.  This is a common dial-up solution and I'm a guru at
it.  I can walk anybody through this if you can get a connection to the net.

If not, we still appreciate the effort and I'm still wondering what
happened to Dave; not for the webcam problems, but because he just
vanished while we were in talks and hasn't wrote me back in 3
weeks.  I've posted over and over about this and nobody else has
heard from him apparently.

So again.... Does anybody know the status of DAVE KELLY of this CoCo list?!?!

At 06:43 PM 3/31/2007, you wrote:
>People,
>I am sorry to  report that the webcam probably
>won't happen this year.   I have a  laptop but I
>only have dialup and W98 on it.
>It's my fault, I  should have upgraded after
>last year's fest and took care of this  myself
>instead of depending on someelse to do
>it.
>
>I am  going to make a point of putting a webcam
>up and running BEFORE the next fest  and upgrading
>to a new machine and up to date software.
>
>This old machine is just not up to the task of
>modern applications and should  have been retired
>long ago.   I will work with Roger in the time  before
>the next fest after I upgrade and we will have it
>ready by  then.
>
>Roy

Roger Taylor