[Coco] New CoCo3.com

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Mar 28 09:47:24 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007, Christopher Hawks wrote:
>Roger Taylor wrote:
>> At 09:59 AM 3/27/2007, you wrote:
>>> Roger - I just looked at the site briefly, and the home page looks
>>> great. I didn't explore in-depth (don't have the time right now), but
>>> I did notice one minor "nit-pick" detail. I use Mozilla (currently v
>>> 1.7.2), and I noticed on all of the tables there is a slight 1-pixel
>>> gap (between the top border row and the next row, it appears). You
>>> may have your border edging images cut improperly or something. I
>>> haven't checked things out with IE, because I don't have a copy here
>>> (I run Linux). It does the same thing in Firefox (I am currently
>>> running 1.5.0.10). When I get to work, I will check it out with IE.
>>>
>>> It looks great otherwise!
>>
>> That's a Firefox problem.  The browser refuses to display tables
>> correctly and disobeys certain table/cell border and color
>> attributes.  I've seen the gray gaps on other sites and it's quite
>> ugly.  I can't believe Firefox users don't mind this.  The new site
>> is not my code... it's PHP-Nuke and used all over the web, so there's
>> nothing I can do about the Firefox problem since the system and
>> themes are so large with code.
>
>	Yeah, some of the vertical spacing looks a bit weird, but since the WC3
> says the are 373 HTML errors, it looks pretty good.

Chuckle, that site finds 'em all.  And points the finger squarely at M$
when it does.  We use FrontPage for posting election results, and it does
better that that, only 20 or so errors per page.

For those who'd like to investigate, http://www.w3c.org (I think org is
right) has a validation function for all comers.  Just feed it the sites
FQDN or IP address, it will download the site and grade it according to
how many html errors it finds.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)